If you need a third party’s take on this album before you consider adding it to your privileged library of sound recordings, here is what WIRE MAGAZINE has to say about the debut record:
“…Alex Delivery announce themselves with a familiar boast – that they draw on elements of space rock, musique concrète and Krautrock. Too often, this sort of press release blurb means little more than an enthusiasm for such music… Alex Delivery, however, do deliver – even to the point of exceeding the promise. Theirs is a brutalist sound, a thrashing, upwardly mobile maelstrom, achieved using the sort of dangerously primitive electricity generator ethic preferred by Faust…”
Now curious about who these Alex Delivery kids are? Here are some things we know about them:
* Nik Bozic, who was born in pre-liberation Yugoslavia, and Marika Kandelaki, born in Tbilisi, Georgia, are a married couple
* Nik was the first person in his hometown to own a Nintendo (although it was limited to black and white, no sound)
* at the tender age of five, Marika attempted to poison her older brother and his friend with rat poison; she was unsuccessful
* Marika and Yegang Yoo went to Parsons School of Design
* in the past, Marika designed clothes for Steven Tyler and Lenny Kravitz
* Yegang never played in any bands before Alex Delivery, with the exception of playing komungo as a hired musician for funerals in her hometown in Korea
* Yegang works as a patternmaker for up-and-coming fashion house Vena Cava in Brooklyn; she hopes to make clothes that do crazy things to people. She has also worked for visionary designer Hussein Chalayan in London.
* Robert Lombardo studied literary theory and philosophy at Rutgers University; he paid off his college tuition with high-stakes backgammon winnings.
* Nik and Robert love meat
* Robert’s had only one broken bone, which was a rib, when Colin Ryan punched him in the chest.
* Colin was not available for comment